Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can't decide on turbo or SC - help?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member delsolbf's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    if all u care bout is a little street racing then id just get the sc, your not goin be the fastest on the street, but wont have to watch your motor as much, but dont plan on whoopin any LS-1's

    ------------------
    93 delSol LS Hybrid Turbo



  2. #2
    Inactive Member FoxRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was making the decision to go FI I was tron between turbo or SC. I eventually decided to go with the SC for the car. It's my daily driver so I needed something that was street legal in California and at the time there were no California street legal turbo setups.

    Sure, I'm not out running LS-1's but that's not why I went FI on my Integra. I just like to drive my car fast and hard and the SC just adds to the level of driving enjoyment I get from the GSR. If I'd wanted to seriously play with the guys driving LS-1's I'd have bought something else.

    Sean

  3. #3
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    Oh I don't know about that now smile I could stomp the mess out of a LS-1 after we got rolling. From a stop I would ignite my tires up in first, but a properly tuned 8 psi kit would give a LS-1 a serious run for his money smile

    ------------------
    13.24 on a smokin' motor can't be bad!?!



  4. #4
    Inactive Member cfjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2000
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't honda's have traction problems on street tires in first gear with a JRSC @ 8psi or more?

    ------------------
    Is it obvious that I'm the new kid?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Type M's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been toying with that debate myself as of late. First off, do you own an LS or GSR or the daddy Type R??? If you own the LS, it is a must for a turbo. SC is only 165 at wheels!!! Turbo can make about 250 stock bottom end. GSR - it is a toss up. There are alot of JRSCs, but I like the DRAG Gen 3. I think if you get everything properly correct, that a turbo can be as reliable as a SC. It takes a few more mods, and a little tlc, but your car will reap the benefits alot more. Hope I helped.

    Mack

    ------------------
    Beware....Boost is coming!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cfjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2000
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey everyone. I've been reading TONS about turbos and SC's for quite a while now and the more I read, the more of a toss up it is. So I pose this question to anyone who would be kind enough to share their opinion -
    What would you recommend for a daily driver with minimal track use? The ability to spank mustangs and camaros would be nice. Thanks!

    ------------------
    Is it obvious that I'm the new kid?

  7. #7
    Silvino
    Guest Silvino's Avatar

    Post

    I think if I could do it all again, I'd have saved to build my engine and gotten a Turbo smile. Then again, I've not driven a Turbo daily so who knows for sure. If Endyn doesn't pan out, I might switch over smile.

    ------------------
    Silvino Orozco
    '97 Integra GS-R w/JRSC,High pressure fuel pump (coming), Filter on a stick air intake, Powerstop rotors/Axxis Metal Master brake pads, A'PEXi Dunk Exhaust, J&S Safeguard unit,NeuSpeed rear Swaybar, Eibach Springs, Clutch Masters Stage III clutch (installing soon), AEM cam gears (installing soon), 8 PSI upgrade (installing soon). Energy Suspension motor mounts (coming soon)

    [This message has been edited by Silvino (edited February 11, 2000).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •